Systems and standards
We aim to run our business in a way that is ethical, responsible and sustainable. We adopt leading management systems and standards to help us continually improve our performance.
In Romania, we have implemented internationally recognised management systems with regard to quality, food safety, environment, and health and safety. These include:
- Quality management (ISO 9001)
- Food Safety (ISO 22000)
- Environment Management (ISO 14001)
- Occupational Health and Safety (OHSAS 18001)
We are working to achieve full certification against all of these, and report our progress in our Sustainability Reports.
In addition, we follow leading external standards for managing, measuring and reporting specific issues. These include:
- Greenhouse Gas Protocol – We calculate and submit data to the Group Central office of our greenhouse gas emissions which is submitted to the GHG Protocol using their CO2 accounting tool
- LBG Model – We measure and report our community investment according to the widely recognised approach of the London Benchmarking Group
- Global Reporting Initiative (GRI): We report our progress in our Sustainability Report using this leading framework for sustainability reporting.
- UNESDA Commitments – We implement the voluntary code of the European beverage industry association to the EU Platform on Diet, Physical Activity and Health. These commitments cover the beverages we offer, how they are marketed, nutritional information provided and promotion of healthy lifestyles.
In all bottling plants we monitor the following environmental parameters:
- Power consumption
- Water consumption
- Total waste generated
- Recycled waste
We monitor the impact of our activities and products on protected areas and areas with high biodiversity value extremely carefully. We have not identified any significant impacts in these areas.
Also, species on the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species and national lists are not present in the areas of our business activities.